Our business consultancy services cover heritage, building, property and tourism sectors. Examples include:
- National Trust Building Review: This included benchmarking against other organisations and an analysis in the way different organisations deliver services in the property and heritage sectors. It includes skill and competency analysis and an evaluation of management methodologies and structures.
- Builders accreditation scheme for the Federation of Master Builders: This covered an overall analysis of existing competency schemes including online registers. Also stakeholder research, essential competency requirements and recommendations on strategy and training.
- Conservation Certification (accreditation) scheme for the CIOB: This included an analysis of all similar schemes and the development of an optimum scheme in consultation with stakeholders which included Historic England, English Heritage, Historic Environment Scotland, Cadw and the Heritage Lottery Fund.
- The Last Invasion Tapestry: Creating a market analysis, a marketing strategy and a destination management plan for a visitor attraction in the town of Fishguard, West Wales.
- Quinquennial Inspection Programme for Cadw Sites: Working for Faithfull and Gould framework consultants in developing a strategy, quality standards and quality assurance for a large programme of surveys. This included the development and delivery of training in the process and in the development and delivery of quality standards.
- Expert Witness: Edwards Hart Director John Edwards has experience of expert witness work and recently this included a case concerning a sub-standard building survey. This involved the undertaking of a building survey and analysing the response to the Edwards Hart findings and reporting on its validity. John has considerable credibility and can provide an expert witness service covering many areas. This includes building defects concerning all types of buildings, and in particular listed buildings. He is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building, a full member and trustee of the Institute for Historic Building Conservation as well as a member of their Technical Panel. John has a Master’s degree in architectural conservation and had been involved in the development of best practice and guidance. This includes BS 7913: 2013: Guide to the conservation of historic buildings and European Standards for the survey of historic buildings and masonry repair as co-author. John is also co-author of the RICS Building Conservation Guidance Note and the CIOB Carbon Action 2050 guidance on energy efficiency retrofit.
- Development of a certification scheme in quality management for use in the construction industry for the CIOB
All our business consultancy work is led by a Director and implemented by specialist teams. This includes consultants that we engage to undertake qualitative and quantitative large scale research.
Edwards Hart are innovators and have led in the development of best practice. With many years of experience, we are ideally placed to undertake bespoke business consultancy for clients of all kinds. Please contact us to talk about your needs.